My name is Paul Evans, and I’d like to take a moment to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my background and why I’d like to ask for your support in the upcoming congressional election for the 3rd congressional district here in Arizona. First and foremost I am a proud American, a strong family man, and a US Navy veteran with a bachelor’s degree in Business and Strategic Management from Dominican University, and a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from the University of San Francisco. In addition to these things, I have been a school teacher, a martial arts instructor, and a small business owner. I have also worked as a management consultant and as an education specialist for Native American Tribes supporting education in Northern California.
Typical of many Americans, I come from a diverse family and background. My mother is Hispanic and Native American, and my father is Polish and Welsh. As a child, I was raised around commercial farming in California’s central valley. My father was a commercial farm manager and Pest Control Advisor while my mother was a school teacher with a master’s degree in education and curriculum. After graduating high school, I was proud to have served in the United States Navy as a Cryptologic Technician receiving an honorable discharge. As a Cryptologic Technician, I attained a Top Secret Clearance from the Department of Defense allowing me to handle Top Secret information for the United States Navy.
As I have stated – I am not a politician, and I have never run for political office; I’ve never desired political office. But I don’t believe that “professional politicians” actually fix these obvious problems. It seems that increasingly, they are a big part of the problem, and the fact that nothing ever seems to get resolved is because of politicians, and their well-financed interest groups.
I have come to realize that average citizens who desire genuine change are what is needed. This is why I am running; I see real frustration and concern from many Americans who worry that the great opportunities our country afforded earlier generations will be greatly diminished for our kids and grandchildren. I propose real action, not endless talk. If I am elected I propose to focus and take serious action on the following great issues facing us all:
- Job Creation: Local, state and federal support is needed to foster and encourage new job growth and new industries. I propose to improve the climate for jobs and job development.
- Education Reform: Federal and Arizona education outcomes lag behind most modern countries. This must be fixed.
- National and State Debt: Reckless spending without requiring sensible outcomes has resulted in massive levels of debt. This burdens the economy and future generations.
- Health Care: Soaring costs and reduced access to real health care are very real problems and must be addressed in a meaningful way.
- Public Safety: Our communities are facing severe and increasing rates of violent crime. We must restore safety to our streets and our most vulnerable populations.
- Veterans: As a nation and a people we have an obligation, and must do better at honoring our commitment to those who have served the nation. The VA and other organizations must be held to a higher standard.
- Essential Rights: We must work to find solutions to very real problems; but which don’t involve limiting the rights of law-abiding, honest Americans.
In closing, I would like to say that I have always felt very fortunate and proud to be an American and to have been able to enjoy the freedoms of our great nation. I love our country and my fellow Americans, but I am alarmed and greatly concerned at the direction our government has been going for some years.
Our government has for far too long, ignored and bypassed the concerns of the great majority of working Americans in favor of a privileged few – both Democrats and Republicans. I am an American first and if I am honored to be chosen as your Congressional Representative, I promise to tirelessly work for the interests of all my constituents not just the narrow interests of a few.
Please consider me for candidacy for the 3rd District of the U.S. Congress. Please explore my positions and views and sign the petition for my candidacy. I thank you for your support.